Thursday, March 13, 2014

spring is in the air! LANDSCAPE DREAMING!

Now that there is a hint of spring in the air and we're hitting temps in the 50's, I have been busy planning my summer landscaping projects... and I can't wait to get my hands dirty. 

As I type this, my office window is open to allow the fresh air to come in. I have a super strong urge to do some landscape design and I'm all over Pinterest for inspiration. 

I'm in love with ornamental grasses and want to fill my bare spaces this spring with beautiful grasses in varying heights. I love this first image showing sedum combined with ornamental grasses.









It's so great to feel the energy of spring. It's the season of starting things anew and shedding the old. I can hear the water running constantly as the snow melts. I know that it won't be long until we can enjoy the new deck that we built last fall and enjoy our back yard without worrying about the dog jumping over the fence because the snow is too high. 




You can find more inspiration on my Pinterest board. All above images can be sourced there as well!

Follow A Beautiful Little Life's board Landscape & Gardening on Pinterest.

Do you have big landscaping plans for this year? What are you dreaming of now that spring is finally here?



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

5 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to have found a Minneapolis blog! I'm originally from Minneapolis, and currently living in Sweden. Should be back there within the next few weeks! I recently posted about Minneapolis as well. Looking forward to following along with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to get my hands into the fresh, loamy soil outside my door. Soon! Thanks for sharing at Fridays Unfolded!

    Alison
    Nancherrow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking to our Mom Lovin Hop! I am totally dreaming about landscaping too. We're in Japan and I won't be home until may so I hope I can realistically do something to our yard/garden before prime planting season is over! I love ornate grasses too, so very hassle free! Though I had planted a couple last summer, only one of them thrived, the other didn't grow at all! It didn't die either, very strange. Started following your garden board and re-pinned a bunch!

    XO/Lena @ Root&Blossom

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! Great inspiration! I'm just so antsy to get outside and enjoy the weather :) Thanks for linking up at Thursday STYLE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have lots of landscape dreams this year, but I'm pretty jealous that you are in the mid 50s there. We've been in the mid 80s since January! I know that sounds like I'm bragging, but I'd trade 50s for 80s any day. Especially in a month or two when we're in triple digits;)

    ReplyDelete